Half Baked Healthier Diets
The intention to eat healthier is good. When you do, you are beginning to prioritize health over weight loss- only. Even if losing weight is a priority for you, knowing that you are getting healthier, will ultimately enable your body to lose weight naturally, without dieting, among other health benefits.
But, the presupposition of eating healthier is that you are eating in more plant-based nutrient-rich foods; otherwise, if you are like most people, you could get stuck eating a half-baked healthier diet comprised of many nutrient-poor foods that are sold as nutrient rich when they are not, i.e animal and refined foods. And while you may be eating better than ever before, you may very well be eating a healthier version of the "Standard American Diet.
- Are you eating a gluten-free diet that is rich in refined foods?
- Are you eating a low glycemic diet, yet still eating a diet loaded with nutrient poor foods?
- Are you eating a Paleo diet, which is really a more traditional packaging for a low carbohydrate high-animal protein diet?
- Are you eating a completely raw diet but limiting yourself to largely fruits and nuts, missing out on wider variety of foods (including greens) or not getting the nutrients that depend on conservative cooking?
- Are you eating organically-raised grass-fed beef thinking it's nutrient rich and healthy? Or, eating refined foods that were originally made from organic ingredients but have now cooked the life out of them?
- Are you eating Vegetarian, even Vegan diets (a nutrient-rich diet can be Vegetarian or Vegan, but not all Vegan or Veg diets are nutrient rich) but eating plant based diets that are rich in refined and added salt oil or sugar?
- Perhaps Locally Grown is your method for eating healthier, but even if your foods are fresh, if they are nutrient poor, they are still nutrient poor!
Just like many weight loss only diets, all of these diets offer some or many essential attributes of a healthy eating style, especially when compared to the SAD Standard American Diet, or westernized Diets of predominantly nutrient-poor animal products and refined foods. But none of these ways of eating guarantees a nutrient-rich healthy eating style or The 7 Healthy Success Results at the level you are capable of.
All of these diets have had a popular impact on the obesity and chronic disease rate in westernized countries and are in many cases embraced as healthy eating styles, but for many people, the potential to get caught up in a healthier version of the SAD Standard American Diet still exists in each of these diet styles, especially with Gluten Free, Paleo and Low-Glycemic diets.
Eating styles that are healthier, but don’t necessarily embody the broader insights of nutritional excellence are referred to as “half-baked.”
The Nutrient Rich® Healthy Eating Plan will help you optimize your healthier eating style and make it genuinely health promoting. It’s not enough to eat healthier; you want to optimize the way you eat for nutrient density, volume, variety and great taste, relatively free of addictive substances, so you can eat the right amount of calories for you when you are hungry for starters; and that means understanding what it means to eat health.
Make the Switch to Rich - Nutrient-Rich Healthy Eating >